The Passion of David compared to the Passion of Jesus:
- Like Peter who swore he would DIE with Jesus…
- It’tai said to David 2 Sam 15:  But It’tai answered the king, “As the LORD lives, and as my lord the king lives, wherever my lord the king shall be, whether for death or for life, there also will your servant be.”
- Like Jesus David and his court crossed the Brook Kidron weeping!
- 2 Sam 15: And all the country wept aloud as all the people passed by, and the king crossed the brook Kidron, and all the people passed on toward the wilderness.
- Like Jesus who took the 3 up the mount of Olives…
- 2 Sam 15:  But David went up the ascent of the Mount of Olives, weeping as he went, barefoot and with his head covered; and all the people who were with him covered their heads, and they went up, weeping as they went.
- Like Jesus who’s disciple, friend and adviser betrayed him… so to with David…
- 2 Sam 15: And it was told David, “Ahith’ophel is among the conspirators with Ab’salom.” And David said, “O LORD, I pray thee, turn the counsel of Ahith’ophel into foolishness.”
- Like Judas who hatched the plan to lead the LARGE cohort out AT NIGHT to strike the Shepherd, scatter the flock, and arrest Jesus…. so to Ahithophel hatched the plan…
- 2 Sam 17: Moreover Ahith’ophel said to Ab’salom, “Let me choose twelve thousand men, and I will set out and pursue David tonight.
-  I will come upon him while he is weary and discouraged, and throw him into a panic; and all the people who are with him will flee. I will strike down the king only,
-  and I will bring all the people back to you as a bride comes home to her husband. You seek the life of only one man, and all the people will be at peace.”
-  And the advice pleased Ab’salom and all the elders of Israel.
- Like Judas… when the plan back fired… he set his affairs in order and hung himself!
- 2 Sam 17:  When Ahith’ophel saw that his counsel was not followed, he saddled his ass, and went off home to his own city. And he set his house in order, and hanged himself; and he died, and was buried in the tomb of his father.
- Like Jesus who took the abuse, insults, blows, and more… and did NOT return evil for evil… so too David opens NOT his mouth!
- 2 Sam 16: When King David came to Bahu’rim, there came out a man of the family of the house of Saul, whose name was Shim’e-i, the son of Gera; and as he came he cursed continually.
-  And he threw stones at David, and at all the servants of King David; and all the people and all the mighty men were on his right hand and on his left.
-  And Shim’e-i said as he cursed, “Begone, begone, you man of blood, you worthless fellow!
-  And David said to Abi’shai and to all his servants, “Behold, my own son seeks my life; how much more now may this Benjaminite! Let him alone, and let him curse; for the LORD has bidden him.
-  It may be that the LORD will look upon my affliction, and that the LORD will repay me with good for this cursing of me today.”
About the Author:
Joe McClane – The Catholic Hack! – is the General Manager for KSHJ 1430AM, Catholic radio in Houston on the Guadalupe Radio Network, as well as an a Catholic New Media producer & Evangelist. He is married to his lovely wife Michelle and they have five children. The Catholic Hack | Catholic Apologetics, Theology & More!